Search the Blog
Subscribe to never miss a new article!
Most Popular Posts
- How Much Does a Flexible Screw Conveyor Cost?
- Benefits of a Flexible Screw Conveyor: Construction, Capabilities & Performance
- Bulk Bag Handling Transportation and Storage
- Problems with Flexible Screw Conveyors: Finding the Best Setup
- Drag Chain Conveyor Types: How to Choose the Best
- Flexible Screw Conveyors vs. Other Mechanical Conveyors
- Cable Drag vs. Drag Chain Conveyors
- What are the Best Materials for a Cable Drag Conveyor?
- What is Bulk Material Handling?
- We’re Hiring! Spiroflow Systems Announces Open Positions
Category: Dust Containment
June 3, 2015
Companies around the world transport and handle large volumes of materials in bulk bags but unloading bulk bags can be a dusty mess if not managed properly. Let's examine what causes dust emissions. Bulk Bag Design: Unless a bulk bag has been specifically designed to contain the fines present in a given product, particles can sift through the bag fabric. This looks like smoke escaping from the bag as it is being handled and emptied. Depending on the amount of fines present in the product, the particle size and its shape, coated fabric may be all that is required to [...]
May 13, 2015