When it comes to conveyors for dry bulk solids, whether in powder, granule, flake, pellet, lump or whatever form and whether in bulk quantities or as minor ingredients, Spiroflow aim to offer the best solution. We have never believed in the ‘one size fits all’ philosophy. Accordingly, as we have expanded our horizons, we have developed our conveying ranges to meet the new challenges whether organically, by strategic acquisitions or through joint ventures. So, today, we are offer four types of conveyors.
Following the recent announcement about the acquisition of Dynamet Inc of Kalamazoo, Michigan, as a result of this and a concurrent in-house development, the latest additions to our conveyor range are two types of Tubular Drag Conveyors.
‘Cableflow’ Tubular Cable Drag Conveyors
‘Cableflow’ Tubular Cable Drag Conveyors are in fact a development of our tried and tested Aero Mechanical Conveyors operating with reduced clearances and at reduced running speeds. ‘Cableflow’ conveyors are designed with gentle handling and installations requiring conveying in multiple planes in mind. They can transfer friable bulk products from single or multiple in-feed points to single or multiple discharge points with little or no damage.
‘Dynaflow’ Tubular Chain Drag Conveyors
The ‘Dynaflow’ Tubular Chain Drag Conveyor is also a mechanical drag conveyor system operating within the confines of a pipe. However, the discs that move material along the pipe are connected by articulated metal links (chains) meaning that they are well suited to the most arduous of applications. The discs can be made from a variety of materials including steel and cast iron. This enables them to operate at temperatures up to 250oC.
What are the benefits of Tubular Drag Conveyors?
- Totally enclosed, dust-free, contamination-free handling
- Only mechanical conveyor that can operate in 3 planes, this permits complex circuits eliminating transfer points and using only a single drive
- Minimum energy consumption
- Can be Meter or Flood Fed
- Handles hot, cold, wet, dry, hygroscopic or temp sensitive materials
- May be fed at multiple points in a circuit
- May discharge at multiple points in circuit (no special airlocks)
- No need for filters or cyclone to separate air and material as discharge gravity takes care of this for FREE.
- Gentle conveying action – minimized product attrition
- Will not separate blends
- Round construction minimizes material residence and build-up
- May operate under pressure differential, or inert purge
- Minimum noise level