Cablevey cable drag conveyors are designed for gentle handling and installations requiring conveying in multiple planes. They can transfer fragile bulk products from single or multiple in-feed points to single or multiple discharge points over long distances with little or no damage.
Cablevey tubular drag conveyor systems are designed to efficiently move materials and product blends in a dust and contamination-free environment.
Our gentle tubular drag systems are ideal for conveying delicate, friable and specialty bulk materials through all phases of the production processes through to packaging. They can provide complete material batch transfer of bulk products from single or multiple in-feed points to single or multiple discharge points with little or no damage.
Our cable and tube conveyor technology features the combination of conveyance tubes with cables and discs attached at set intervals within the tubes. This design serves to gently handle materials from inlets to discharges by holding materials between the discs within the enclosed tube. Materials are not blown about or forced around sweeps. Materials are carried without bumping, battering, stress or friction. Breakage is kept to a minimum. For fragile materials, gentle handling can mean the difference between profitability and loss.
Moving materials slowly and gently in enclosed tubes reduce material damage and waste. This results in superior products and improved bottom line results.
Our conveyor technologies hold material within an enclosed tube, protecting materials and blends from the surrounding environment and operators from exposure to dust.
Our conveyor technologies hold material within an enclosed and sanitary tube, protecting materials and blends from the surrounding environment and operators from exposure to dust. Material contained within tubes reduces risks of contamination and keeps processing facilities cleaner.
Wet, dry and in-place cleaning options are available to reduce cleaning time, labor and required resources.
The elegant and simple design means fewer parts, higher reliability and less to maintain. The result: lower costs and lower risk of downtime.
The elegant and simple design means lower horsepower engines, lower energy requirements, and less heat generation.
Multiple inlets and discharges mean one system can replace many for increased layout flexibility.
Cablevey Conveyors move products in any direction required including multi-directional and vertically.
Because tubular drag conveyors can operate in three (3) planes there is an endless number of layout options. Our engineers will evaluate your application requirements and site restrictions to determine the optimal layout. Typical circuits include the layouts below, however, this is by no means a complete list.
Our Cablevey Cable Drag conveyors are available in 2”-8” diameter tube sizes. Our engineers will help to recommend the optimal size, tube and options.
Our Key Components are highly flexible and modular, to facilitate easy access for factory floor needs.
1. Drive UnitThe cable is pulled through the drive unit by an electric gearmotor mounted to a stainless steel frame. The cable can enter and exit through either tube port as required for your layout.
2. FunnelFunnels are used to discharge material from rotary discharges and/or cleanouts. Funnel outlets are available in a wide variety of sizes and connection types to fit your needs.
3. Inspection SectionThe Inspection Section is a food grade plastic tube that allows you to see the product conveyed and observe the cleaning process. They can be installed in the vertical or horizontal runs as desired.
4. SweepSweeps change travel to any desired direction. Sweeps are available in many angles from 0-90 degrees and in several different radius dimensions to fit restricted spaces.
5. Compression CouplerThe coupler’s food grade rubber gasket ensures a good seal against air, water and dust. The coupler holds the tubes together in perfect alignment to provide the discs a smooth path.
6. InletInlets are available in a wide variety of lengths to accommodate various needs. The sides of the inlets are available in different slopes to accommodate different material flow properties. Multiple inlets may be used if desired.
7. TurnaroundThe turnaround contains a sprocket that facilitates reversing cable direction from the return side of the system to the product conveying side. The sprocket is mounted on a mechanism designed to provide proper cable tension.
8. DischargeThe discharge has the ability to be open or closed allowing materials either to pass through or exit the conveyor at that point.
9. Brush BoxA Brush Box is a housing that the cable and discs pass through. The Brush Box contains two roller brushes mounted above and below the cable and discs. As the cable moves through the discs turn the brushes removing any clinging particles into a waste chute for disposal.
Cableflow Tubular Drag Conveyors can operate up to 140 ft/min (43m/min) depending on material characteristics & layout.
The capacity charts below allow you to roughly estimate the size of the conveyor and the speed based on the throughput requirements in cubic feet/minute (cubic liters/min). The horizontal lines represent the velocity at which your product will pass through the conveyor. The vertical lines indicate the volumetric throughput rate in liters per minute. The diagonal lines are the sizes of the conveyors available.
But don’t think you have to figure out which conveyor will work best for your application. Our sales engineers can do that for you!
There are many factors that enter into the tubular conveyor selection process. Beyond the mechanical selection described above, we carefully consider the physical characteristics of the material to be conveyed and the equipment duty cycle.
Company Reg: 01210198 VAT Reg: GB 732 911 249
Copyright 2023 Spiroflow. All Rights Reserved.
Developed by: MBI