NYNAS HAS SEEN A SUBSTANTIAL IMPROVEMENT IN OUTPUT AND HAS RECEIVED POSITIVE FEEDBACK ABOUT THE OPERATION AND CLEANLINESS OF THE SYSTEM ALL ROUND.
- Bulk ingredients are added via one ton bags loaded into Spiroflow Bulk Bag Unloaders and minor ingredients are added by the bag through spiroflow Bag Dump Stations.
- One of the Bulk Bag Unloaders is mounted on a mezzanine floor above a collection hopper to enable all of the major additives to be charged in one go.
- This unloader has bulk bags loaded via hoist.
- The other unloader is at ground level and bulk bags are loaded by forklift.
- The 50 ton/ 50,000kg charge of additives is loaded into each of the mixing vessels and is mixed by re-circulation through an external high-powered mixer.
- Once mixed, it is transferred to stirred storage tanks ready for loading into Nynas’ impressive fleet of tankers.
The electrical control panel for the system was manufactured by Spiroflow.and the installation and commissioning was done by Spiroflow engineers.
Tony Gresty, the Nynas technologist responsible for the asphalt plant comments:
“We are pleased with the operation of the Spiroflow equipment and the fact that the Aero Mechanical Conveyor eliminates the Health and Safety issues associated with pneumatic conveying systems.”
When asked why Nynas chose Spiroflow to supply the equipment, Gresty explains:
“Spiroflow demonstrated that the equipment could handle all our additives. We were also supplied with detailed layout drawings that were instrumental in us choosing this professional company.”