Spiroflow’s Bulk Bag Discharger / Flexible Screw Conveyor systems have been designed to meet situations where sensitive products need to be handled in a controlled environment. They are particularly suitable for those products where the highest levels of sanitation and the lowest degrees of cross contamination must be maintained during handling and includes: meat, poultry, dairy, food, pharmaceutical, fine chemical, pigments/ dyes, and catalysts.
Bulk Bag Unloader
- For discharging bulk bags in any facility requiring USDA authorized machinery.
- Where microbiological contamination must be controlled or where product cross contamination must be minimized.
- Applications requiring ease of dry or wet cleaning of equipment.
Flexible Screw Conveyor
- 304 stainless steel contact surfaces.*
- All connections are sanitary clamps.
- Quick release spiral with release mechanism located outside of the product contact area.
- All contact surfaces are pitched to provide complete drainage after cleaning.
- 304 stainless steel.
- Continuous welds, ground smooth and flush, crack and crevice-free with a #4, 180 grit polish.
- 304 stainless steel
- Continuous exterior welds, ground smooth.
- Satin smooth bead blasted exterior using 200 micron spherical virgin silica beads (other polishes available).
- Bag massage for compacted, poor-flowing products (starch, cocoa powder, 10X sugar).
- Bag spout pinch bars provide a ‘hands-off’ opening and closing of the bag spout adding to the low contamination and clean operation of the discharger.
- Loss-in-weight with integral electronic load cells.
- Integral flexible screw or other types of conveyors.
- Electroplated interior.
Standard Design features
- Dust-tight working chamber with a large 18” dust tight access hatch keeps area safe from product spillage.
- Sloped surfaces are self-draining and prevent standing water from accumulating (source of microbiological growth).
- Continuous crack and crevice-free interior surface allows dry (air or brush) cleaning or wet cleaning of all surfaces.
- Separate inner and outer chambers limit contamination from entering the product feed stream from outside of the bag.
- All stainless steel construction is suitable for cleaning with alkaline or acidic cleaners.