Which bulk bag conditioner is best? Should I go with a fixed mast conditioner or a movable mast conditioner? Should I choose automated or manual? If these questions are on your mind, we can help! At Spiroflow, we have more than 45 years of experience in the dry bulk material handling industry and we manufacture bulk bag conditioners.
Our fixed and movable mast bulk bag conditioners are used to effectively break up the compacted ingredients arriving in bulk bags.
Fixed Mast Bulk Bag Conditioners
Our manually operated fixed mast bulk bag conditioners have two arm poles kept at a fixed elevation while it is conditioning the powder.
The design requires an operator to use a forklift or a hoist to move the full bulk bag between the pole arms of the conditioner while it is conditioning. The bag is then raised or lowered between each actuation to break up the compacted material. The hydraulic drive system is controlled with the included manual lever switches. Therefore this option is ideal for materials which require minor conditioning.
- Fixed Mast Measurements: 50” L x 56” W x 78” H (1270mm x 1422mm x 1980mm)
- Pole Height: 61” (1550mm) as Standard (Custom Pole Heights Available)
Movable Mast Bulk Bag Conditioners
Our movable mast bulk bag conditioner has pole arms that move up and down to allow conditioning at various locations along the sides and/or corners of the bulk bag. As a result, a forklift, hoist or pallet jack are not required during conditioning.
The movable mast bulk bag conditioner can be operated manually and also as part of an automated operation.
First of all, in an automated operation, the bulk bag is placed on a motorized roller conveyor while automatically feed into the conditioner, conditioned and automatically removed from the conditioner for pickup by a forklift or hoist. As a result, the automated sequence can be initiated by a forklift operator without having to leave the truck. Consequently, this is the best choice for stubborn material which requires more intense conditioning than others.
- Moveable Mast Measurements: 50” L x 56” W x 78” H (1270mm x 1422mm x 1980mm)
- Mast Lifting Height: 5”- 66” (127mm – 1676mm) from ground to bottom of carriage.
What are the Similarities
Both of our fixed mast and moveable mast bulk bag conditioners are made from carbon/ mild steel components with a carbon/ mild steel conditioning mechanism and painted with Steel-It polyurethane. Furthermore, the pole arms on both mast options are 3” (76mm) in diameter and 54” (1370mm) long with an inside clearance between 21” to 63” (533mm to 1600mm). Also, both options have a clamping force of up to 3,500 PSI meaning the conditioners are effective in virtually any application.
All the following options can be applied to both the fixed and movable masts:
- Manual Turn Table: Allows the bulk bag on a pallet to be rotated 360° for 4-side bag conditioning
- Automatic Turn Table: Automatically moves the bag on the turntable for conditioning of all sides.
- Scissor Lift: For use with a fixed mast bulk bag conditioner, the manual/automatic operated scissor lift is used to move the bulk bag up and down to allow conditioning at different levels of the bag.
- Integration: The bulk bag conditioner can be integrated within the support framework of a bulk bag unloader or other process equipment.
How do I know if a Bulk Bag Conditioner is right for our process?
Still trying to decide between a fixed mast vs movable mast bulk bag conditioner? That’s simple, do a test! No matter which conditioner you choose, we suggest you work with a specialist manufacturer who can test your material beforehand. We want to make sure you get the right equipment and desired results. Visit us at our test center to see exactly how your material behaves during conditioning.
Get in Touch
At Spiroflow we have helpful and friendly advisers with years of industry knowledge. So, if you need any help or advice feel free to contact us!